Thursday, June 6, 2013

Howard Days, Here I Come

I'm leaving in a few minutes for Howard Days.  It doesn't start officially until Friday, but there's an informal get-together in Brownwood tonight.  Plus, Howard is buried in Brownwood, and I've never visited the grave site.  (Please don't judge me.)

I'll be commuting from my parents' house in Breckenridge, which on the other side of Cross Plains.  (And one of the main reasons I've not visited Howard's grave.)  I'll give a full report when I get back.  I've been reading Ari Marmell's In Thunder Forged, which came out Tuesday. I'd hoped to have the review up before I left, but obviously it didn't happen.  I'll try to finish the book on the trip and post the review when I get back.

Until then, I'll check in once or twice a day, either early or late, but for the most part won't be around much until next week.

8 comments:

  1. I hope you have a great time.

    One of these years...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you believe the captcha word was "Turanian"? Hahahah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would you believe I arranged it that way? (Probably not because I didn't, but that's really cool.)

      Delete
  3. I am envious! And eagerly await many tales and pictures. Say hi to Mark Finn for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great time. Hope to hear a report when you get back. I wish I was going this year. Would be nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to make it out there one of these years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have to say I'm jealous. Hope I can make it out there some year.

    ReplyDelete